Monday, September 28, 2009

Tax planning seminar

I'm real excited about tomorrow - my co-host on both the Retirement Report and the Financial Lifestyle Show, Hank Parrott and I are holding a free financial planning seminar and so far the response has been great. We have 70 people signed up, and here's hoping we can turn this into new clients and new people we can get to know and help.

Mum and dad are coming to help set up and I think dad's going back to the office but good ol' Gigi and I, we're a team and I think she'll be sticking around for moral support.

We're going to be discussing the pros and cons of the services provided by Brokers vs. RIA's, and for my part, a Tax Preparer vs. a Tax Planner. I am the latter, and I cannot stress enough how different both are. Yes, we work with your taxes and we're super busy in the months of March and April. However, a tax preparer is someone who just puts the right numbers in the right columns and boxes so you don't get in trouble with the IRS when you file your taxes.

Tax planners like myself, well, we do much more than that. I try to get to know my clients and their objectives, whether it's personal or with their business. Like I always say, I'm here to maximize your income and minimize your taxes. I will help make objective decision in your best interest, come up with ideas and I work with you in mind. At the end of the day, you're happy and I'm happy. And that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment